- 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes w/ Juice
- 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel, diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 whole Jalapeno, sliced
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
Filtering by Category: "tomatoes"
- 2 Lbs Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion; halved with skin removed
- 3 Jalapeno's, halved and seeded
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Kosher salt & black pepper, to taste
- French Baguette
- Fresh Mozzarella; sliced
This is a very simple pasta dish that is perfect for a quick meal. My mom used to make this all the time and it was always one of my favorites. Of course I stole the recipe from her whenever I moved out and decided to make it a little more spicy with the addition of the Diced Tomatoes and Chilies and the Pepper Jack. If you want a more mild version instead of using the pepper jack, use 1 1/2 cups of a mozzarella and parmesan blend and use regular diced tomatoes.
- 3 Cups wheat Rigatoni
- Italian Sausage, Sliced
- 1 green, yellow & red pepper, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Diced Tomatoes and Chilies
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella, shredded
- 3/4 cup Pepper Jack, shredded
- Parmesan cheese
Cook Pasta as per box directions.
While pasta is cooking, cook sausage in a large saute pan over medium heat for 10 min. Add sliced peppers and and garlic and cook for an addition 7 min. Stir in tomatoes and cook for an additional 2 min. Drain pasta, add it in the saucepan with other ingredients and top with mozzarella and pepper jack , cover to melt the cheese. Plate and garnish with Parmesan.