I think crock pots are one of the greatest kitchen inventions ever. Just think about how much easier they make life? You throw everything in the pot, turn it on and let it go. Then you come home to a house full of delicious aromas and dinner waiting for you! This is definitely in the top five of easiest recipes on my blog and it is quite delicious. So, give it a try and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Filtering by Category: "Soup"
- 4 thick slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 jalapeno's, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (14 oz) can petite diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups canned cannellini beans, drained
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed into smaller pieces
- Shredded Mexican cheese mix, for garnish
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
What can we say, we love buffalo chicken in this house. I'm really been enjoying making chowders as of late. They are so delicious and perfect for this time of year. Not only are chowders delicious, but they are quite versatile. All chowders are pretty much the same, use your favorite chowder recipe as a base and build off it! Experiment with it and see if you can come up with some delicious!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup carrot, cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Frank's Hot Sauce (more to taste)
- 1 large yukon gold or other boiling potato, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
Add the butter to a large dutch up, once melted add the chicken and saute until cook through. Add in onion, celery and carrots and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes. Add the garlic and flour and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
Add the chicken broth and deglaze the pan. Add the hot sauce and potatoes, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, mix in the cream. Enjoy!